Commercial litigation is a broad term generally used to refer to any type of dispute or controversy that requires court proceedings to deal with a business issue. Many types of disputes may arise in a business context which we can help you with including but not limited to:
- Contractual Disputes
- Insurance Disputes
- Real Estate and Construction issues
- Debt Collection
Creating Corporate Partnerships
Whether you are starting a new business venture, purchasing or selling a business, The Orlando Law Group can assist you in a variety of matters including helping you to consider:
- What is the best entity type for your situation?
- Are there options which can minimize your taxes?
- What is the best way to protect your interest in your business?
- How can you plan for a future change of the business ownership?
- How can management deadlocks be avoided between and among co-owners?
Our attorneys can help analyze these questions and particular circumstances and help prepare documents such as corporate bylaws or operating agreements, and shareholder and membership agreements.
Buying or Selling Companies
If you are purchasing or selling a business, our attorneys can help you understand the options and help negotiate and document the best terms for your transactions covering including:
• Are you going to sign an engagement letter with a business broker?
• Should you sign a letter of intent?
• What are the critical terms of the purchase and sales agreement?
• Are there ways to minimize the tax impact in the buy sell agreement?
• Will the seller be limited to the terms of the non-compete agreement?
• Will the seller help finance the acquisition?
• Will the transaction be a merger with a spin-off from an existing company?
Such transactions need to be well documented to help avoid disputes after the closing occurs.
Entering into Contracts
Business need contracts of all kinds including those with employees, agents, independent contractors, vendors and customers or franchisors. We can draft all of these documents for you or advise you about changes to contracts presented to you to sign.
Trademarks and Copyrights
Most businesses start with a logo and as the business takes off many clients would like to trademark their logos but they do not know where to start. The Orlando Law Group can help you to determine whether to trademark in Florida only or whether further trademarks are needed. Further, clients often have manuals, books or other written works which must be protected. Our attorneys help with that process as well.
- Preparing employees manuals
- Auditing your safety procedures
- Helping you become certified under the law to reduce Workers Compensation Rates
- Preparing accident reporting procedures
In the event you are sued by a customer or employee we can also assist with the defense of the suit as well as protection of business and personal assets.
The Orlando Law Group can also help you in a growing area of law, business defamation, which comes into play when a customer or competitor defames you on the internet which is occurring more and more frequently. Often reviews and other posting are done by disgruntled employees or others and need to be dealt with to avoid injury to your business.