BUSINESS LAW PLANNING
Business Law & Planning
- Entity Formation
- Entity Advisory & Governance
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Contract Negotiation and Review
- Buy Sell Agreements
- Business Planning
- Business Sales
- Estate Planning for Business Owners
- Business Succession Planning
- Policy Reviews
Statistical Information that a business owner needs to be aware of:
- 90% of U.S. Firms are family-owned (64% of GNP)
- 33% make it to Next Generation—15% to the Third
- 25% will transfer control over next 5 years
- 40% over next 10 years
- 71% have not completed succession plans
- 93% have little income outside the business
- 80% want the business to stay in the family
Questions to ask you:
- What will happen to your company in the event of your death?
- Do you have a formal business succession plan?
- When was the last time you had a formal business appraisal?
- Do you have a plan in place for your business in the event that a partner dies or becomes disabled?
- What portion of your net profits is attributable to a key employee?
- Do you have effective compensation plans in place to motivate and retain valuable employees?
At The Orlando Law Group, we help you with all of the important details of setting up and maintaining a successful business.