Business Formation

How do you incorporate your business in Florida?

To incorporate (which gives you limited liability as a corporation or LLC) you will need to file for Articles of Incorporation for your new entity, then you may obtain a Tax ID number (EIN) from the IRS and a business license from the county you are working in. You may also obtain a Florida Tax ID number from the Department of Revenue.

How do you form a partnership or sole proprietorship?

To create a Sole Proprietorship or a Partnership you will need to obtain a fictitious name or a DBA then get a business license with the county you work in. You may then get a Florida Tax ID number from the Department of Revenue.

Should you consult a professional before deciding how to form your business?

It depends on the circumstances. There are many resources available to you online. Keep in mind with certain business entities like a general partnership or a sole proprietorship you are personally responsible for the debts of the company so if you have any questions, you should consult an attorney.




Get in Touch

Dr. Phillips
7625 W. Sand Lake Road Suite #202
Orlando, FL 32819
Phone: 407-512-4394

Lake Nona
9161 Narcoossee Road Suite #210
Orlando, FL 32827
Phone: 407-982-7261

Waterford Lakes
12301 Lake Underhill Road
Suite #213
Orlando, FL 32828
Phone: 407-512-4394